Detective Todd Curtis and Paramedic Paula Walters have put together a four-hour multiagency training that will be offered in sixteen counties in Northwest Ohio. They are working to help bridge the gaps between agencies by bringing agencies together for one training to include: dispatchers, fire/EMS, law enforcement, advocates, nurses, doctors, prosecutors, and judges. It is through bridging the gaps that we offer the best opportunity to ensure victims get the chance for a future, without violence; and, that abusers get properly prosecuted.
On February 23rd and 28th of 2016, Standing Courageous, INC. held it’s first multiagency training. In attendance were law enforcement officers, firefighters, EMS personnel, advocates, and nurses.
Ms. Walters does the following speaking events:
- Strangulation: A Victim’s Story – Paula shares her story about her domestic violence and strangulation.
- The Silent Storm – Paula shares her battles with binge drinking and suicide attempts in the years after her abuse.
- Look At Me Now – Paula shares how she went from a “conditioned victim” to being a advocate for change and CEO of her own nonprofit organization.
Detective Curtis does the following trainings:
- Crime Scene Responders – A training and education about evidence and crime scene recognition and preservation.
- Human Trafficking – Happening in Our Back Yards – A look into the growing epidemic of human trafficking, how to recognize it, and your role with these victims.
Detective Curtis and Ms. Walters are able to do trainings and speaking events for small or large groups. Standing Courageous, INC. also provides Community Awareness and Violence In the Workplace training. Any one of our trainings can be tailored to your needs. Just contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org